Every weekend, I like to share a curated list of retro, geek, & nostalgia-themed articles, stories, and posts that I’ve come across in the last week. It gives you a chance to escape the daily grind, and just sit back and pass the time reading about the good old days. So with that in mind, here are some things I wanted to share with you.
In the News
Retro & Nostalgia
- This is How the Duck Hunt Gun Actually Worked (Slash Gear)
- Roger Ebert’s 10 Greatest Movies of All Time (Do You Remember)
- A Delicious History of the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (Mental Floss)
- 5 Awesome Things on eBay This Week (Plaid Stallions)
Show & Tell Blog Challenge: Video Games
Every week we host the Show & Tell blog challenge, where other writers participate on their own site on the given topic. Check out the entries in this week’s event:
- Defender of the Crown for Nintendo (Retro Ramblings)
- Superman 2011 by Chillingo (Middle-Aged Fat Kids)
- Part of the Gaming World (Pikapal)
- My Top 5 Favorite NES Games (Yester Year Retro)
- Activision Video Game Patches I Wish I Had Earned on Atari 2600 (Rediscover the 80s)
Video of the Week
I’ve been reminiscing about Wendy’s SuperBar more than usual this week, so I got on YouTube and started searching it out. That’s how I came across this great news report about the SuperBar being tested before it launched nationally. It’s short, but it’s filled with nostalgia. Give it a watch and see if you’re mouth starts watering as mine did.