Every weekend, I like to share a curated list of retro & nostalgia-themed articles, stories, and posts that I’ve come across in the last week. It gives you a chance to grab a hot cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa, sit back and pass the time reading about the good old days. So with that in mind, here are some things I wanted to share with you this week.
Most folks who enjoy going back in time to revisit the things they enjoyed through the years sometimes get their nostalgia fix via podcasts. With that in mind, I wanted to share a podcast I only recently discovered called History of the ’90s. I’ve been binge listening since I came across it, and think you might enjoy it. It covers a wide variety of topics ranging from television nostalgia to recapping major news stories from the decade. Here is the synopsis of the show from the creators themselves:
On History of the ’90s we’ll travel back in time through the stories that defined a decade. The last 10 years of the 20th century was a time like no other, from Columbine to Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Seinfeld, Air Jordan, and the Spice Girls…if it happened in the ’90s you’ll hear about it on this podcast. Join Kathy Kenzora as we journey through the History of the ’90s every other Wednesday.
You can find the podcast on your podcast app of choice, or check it out on Spotify:
I also want to direct your attention to my latest entry into The Junk Food Files over at The Retro Network. In my latest edition, I take a look at The Crispy Crusted History of Totinos Pizza. You know you’ve eaten your fair share of Totino’s products in your lifetime, so do yourself a favor and brush up on the origins of the iconic brand.
More Retro & Nostalgia fun…
- My Favorite Wrestlemania Memories (The Retro Network – written by me!)
- Unforgettable Events That Happened in the ’80s (Rediscover the ’80s)
- Has McDonald’s Big Mac been Shrinking Over the Years? (Mashed)
- 12 All-Time Legends the WWE Hall of Fame Did Wrong (Pro Wrestling Stories)
- 14 Surprising Facts About Happy Days (Mental Floss)
- Retro Easter Candy From the ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s Remains Some of the Greatest Candy of All Time (Click Americana)
- Boy Meets Wrestling: When Vader and the WWF Invaded Boy Meets World (The Retro Network)
- 10 Forgotten TV Shows From the ’90s (MeTV)
- When ’90s Gamers Tuned In To The Sega Channel (Mental Floss)
- Are Funko Pops the New Beanie Babies? (Beyond My Geeky Life)
- Remembering Dusty Rhodes (Mid-Atlantic Gateway)
- 5 Awesome Things on eBay This Week (Plaid Stallions)
In case you missed them, here are the posts that dropped on here on Retro Ramblings this week…
- Five Old Pieces of Dukes of Hazzard Merch
- Wax Pack Flashback: Mad Magazine Cards (1992)
- Saturday Morning Showcase: Captain N The Game Master
And before I get out of here, I wanted to include a little video for you to watch. With Wrestlemania being just a week away, I’m feeling nostalgic for the big event in years past and found a nice video looking back at the marquee event through the years. Enjoy!