It’s time to announce the next assignment for the Show & Tell Blogging Event. If you don’t know what Show & Tell is, I’ll give you a quick glimpse.
Show & Tell is a cooperative blogging endeavor that unites multiple bloggers and their readers via a common theme. For each Show & Tell event, each participating blogger will post about the given theme, and link to other bloggers taking part in the event as part of their post. This way, readers of each blog can easily discover other creators’ work that they may enjoy, and the blogger gets a boost in traffic and exposure to new audiences.
If you want the full details on how you can participate on your own site, check out the full Show & Tell page here. It has all of the info you need.
But let’s talk about this week’s theme. This Show & Tell event theme was picked by Jason at Rediscover the 80s, andis going to be: Toys Based on Movies or TV Shows
Some ideas for approaching this theme:
- maybe one of your favorite toy line was based on a movie or TV show
- maybe you want to talk about movies or TV shows that should have toys but didn’t
- show off some toys from your collection
- do a retrospective on a toy line
- write about modern toys based on movies
- or even flip the topic and talk about movies or TV shows based on a toy line
There are plenty of other ways to incorporate this week’s topic into a post too. Just remember, when your post goes live, come back to this post and leave a link to it in the comments so everyone else playing along can link to your story. And be sure to re-visit to get links from everyone else to add to your post as well. Now, go forth and create!
Blogs participating this week…
- Customs Before I Knew Customs Were a Thing (Pikapal)
- ‘Over the Top’ Action Figures That Few Knew Existed (Rediscover the 80s)
- My Top Five Favorite Ghosts From Kenner’s The Real Ghostbusters Toy Line (Middle-Aged Fat Kids)
- TV’s The Dinosaurs Kept Me Company on Vacation (Yester Year Retro)
Here’s my entry: https://www.yesteryearretro.com/2023/03/show-tell-03-tvs-dinosaurs-kept-me.html
Here is my entry https://www.rediscoverthe80s.com/2023/03/over-top-action-figures.html