With Christmas just around the corner, you’re probably already looking ahead to Christmas dinners or Christmas parties, and you might not be sure just what you should make for the occasion.
Well, I’ve got your hookup. There’s no need to slave over a hot stove for hours crafting something that might not even turn out right after all that hard work. Instead, let me help you out with something quick, easy, and sure to be a hit with everybody: Cousin Eddie’s Egg Nog!
Now I know that Eddie didn’t make the egg nog being consumed in Christmas Vacation, but it makes for a catchier title. But regardless, this recipe is really simple and has no raw egg in it so you’ll feel perfectly safe drinking and serving it. And it mixes REALLY well if you like to spike your nog. Check out the recipe to see just how easy it is, and give it a shot this year. I’m pretty sure you’ll love it.
But if egg nog isn’t your bag, then you can check out the recipe for my famous Christmas punch instead!
Cousin Eddie’s Egg Nog
- 1/2 gal. cold milk divided
- 1 pkg instant french vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp rum extract optional
- In a large bowl, whisk 3/4 cup milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and rum extract (if using).
- Stir in the remaining milk.
- Refrigerate until serving.