Every weekend, I like to share a curated list of retro, geek, & nostalgia-themed articles, stories, and posts that I’ve come across in the last week. It gives you a chance to escape the daily grind, and just sit back and pass the time reading about the good old days. So with that in mind, here are some things I wanted to share with you.
In the News
Retro & Nostalgia
- This is How the Duck Hunt Gun Actually Worked (Slash Gear)
- Roger Ebert’s 10 Greatest Movies of All Time (Do You Remember)
- A Delicious History of the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich (Mental Floss)
- 5 Awesome Things on eBay This Week (Plaid Stallions)
Show & Tell Blog Challenge: Video Games
Every week we host the Show & Tell blog challenge, where other writers participate on their own site on the given topic. Check out the entries in this week’s event:
- Defender of the Crown for Nintendo (Retro Ramblings)
- Superman 2011 by Chillingo (Middle-Aged Fat Kids)
- Part of the Gaming World (Pikapal)
- My Top 5 Favorite NES Games (Yester Year Retro)
- Activision Video Game Patches I Wish I Had Earned on Atari 2600 (Rediscover the 80s)
Video of the Week
I’ve been reminiscing about Wendy’s SuperBar more than usual this week, so I got on YouTube and started searching it out. That’s how I came across this great news report about the SuperBar being tested before it launched nationally. It’s short, but it’s filled with nostalgia. Give it a watch and see if you’re mouth starts watering as mine did.
Thanks for the online version of an activity book, it is appreciated.
Haven’t had anyone refer to these posts as an “activity book” before, but I guess that’s a good way to look at it. Thanks.