It’s time once again to dive into the retro and nostalgia-themed news, articles, and blog posts I’ve come across over the past week while surfing the interwebs. Pour yourself a cup of coffee (or tea) and get ready for some fun.
In the News
- Hasbro Pulse Con Announced for Virtual Return Oct. 22-23rd! (The Retro Network)
- Hasbro Reveals Transformers Victory Saber HasLab Project (The Toy Book)
- Labyrinth to Receive 35th Anniversary Screening (Pop Geeks)
- Cobra Kai is Renewed For Fifth Season (Pop Geeks)
Retro & Nostalgia Reads
- The 1990 Horror Hall of Fame Awards (Dinosaur Dracula)
- Five of the Most Unforgettable Sports Atheletes of the ’80s (Rediscover the ’80s)
- Dancing at the End of Summer Sock Hop (The Retro Network)
- Cracking Open Some 1991 FLEER! (20 Years Before 2000)
- Adult Swim: 20 Years of an American Institution (Retro-Daze)
- Blackstar (1981): Series Primer (John Kenneth Muir)
- 9 Live-Action ’80s Movies That Got Cartoon TV Adaptions (MeTV)
- Top Nostalgic Movies To Pass Down to Your Kiddos on the Next Family Night (Do You Remember)
- Too Hot for MTV: When Cher’s Backside Caused a Major Backlash in 1989 (Mental Floss)
- 4 Classic Video Games to Play When You’re Bored (Retromash)
- DC Characters The Joker Has Never Beaten in a Fight (CBR)
- The Monkees Then and Now (Do You Remember)
- McDonald’s Camp Snoopy Glasses From 1983 (Me and You and a Blog Named Boo)
- 25 Years Ago: When Macarena Ruled the World (Mental Floss)
- 5 Awesome Things on eBay This Week – Aug. 27 (Plaid Stallions)
- West Week Ever: Pop Culture in Review Aug. 27 (William Bruce West)
I want to take a little space to tell you about The Act of Discovery newsletter brought to you by the fine folks of The Retroist. If you’re reading this Weekend Edition, then you obviously like reading about interesting things with a retro and nostalgic slant, so I know you’d like the newsletter as well. I’ve been a subscriber for a little while now, and it has quickly become one of my five favorites things on the internet every week. You can head over to The Retroist and sign up to receive it each week in your email. It’s always been a great read, and best of all, it’s free! Check it out.
And before I get out of here, I want to give you a heads up about some stuff coming to Retro Ramblings this week. On Monday, stop by and check out the cool junk food we’ve already found for the 2022 Halloween and fall seasons. And on Wednesday the Retro Streaming Guide for September will be dropping highlighting all of the retro shows and movies coming to your favorite streaming platforms. And finally, on Friday be sure to check out the Friday Five post where I’m looking at some old McDonald’s tray lines. They’re awesome, and so are you. Thanks for reading this week, and enjoy the video of the week below before you head out!
Video of the Week
With the college football season starting, and some recent news about some major conference realignments, I thought it would be a good time to present to you the history of re-alignments in the sport. This is a really fascinating look at one of the more important aspects of the world of college football, and very appropriate for this point in time.
Be the first to comment