Welcome back for another Weekend Edition! This is where I share all the retro and nostalgia-themed links I’ve stumbled across while surfing the world wide web during the week. Settle in and check it all out!
- One of the greatest in-ring performers in the history of professional wrestling, “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton passed away this week. It was a huge loss for the world of wrestling, and Pro Wrestling Stories put together a beautiful tribute to him. Bobby Eaton was a legend in every sense of the word, and he’ll forever be missed by fans the world over. Dick Bourne at the Mid-Atlantic Gateway also shares memories of Bobby.
- In more sad news, Night Court and The Fall Guy star Markie Post has also passed away.
- If you’re getting excited for WWE’s Summerslam coming up on August 21st and are having trouble enduring the wait, Scott Keith is posting full reviews of all of the previous editions from through the years. He has already posted 1988-1992, and will continue posting them up through this year’s event. You can check them out on his Blog of Doom.
- This year’s hottest Halloween junk food is surely going to be General Mills’ Monster Mash cereal. Matt over at Dinosaur Dracula has already found it on his local store shelves and has posted a video review.
- I also found some new junk food on store shelves this week and you can check it all out over on the Retro Ramblings Instagram!
- We all seemed to love Reading Rainbow when we were kids, and a big reason for that was host LeVar Burton. Here are 16 facts about the man that you may have never known.
- 17 More Secrets of Disney Park Character Performers is a post you should check out for some curious fun. But if you want to hear stories about the experience from the perfomers themselves, then check out The Retro Network podcast Two Goofs where Adam and Jeff go into tons of detail as they rehas their memories of the time they spent working as characters in the park!
- Rediscover the ’80s has 6 decorating tips from the ’80s that you can use today.
- You might not have realized just how big a star Chris O’Donnel was in 1995, but Jen at The Retro Network gets you up to speed with her story of how ‘Chris O’Donnell Stole My Heart (and wallet) in 1995’.
- Fathom Events is bringing Transformers: The Movie back to theaters for it’s 35th anniversary.
- Go watch the Longbox Roulette video from the guys at the Wizards: Podcast Guide to Comics. It’s an old comic book bonanza.
- Any my favorite post every week…Plaid Stallion’s 5 Awesome Things on eBay This Week!
Video(s) of the Week
I’ve got not one, but THREE videos that I want to share with you this week. The first one is a highlight/tribute video to “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton highlighting some of the things that made him so great. The second video features ZZ Top in their first live TV performance on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson from 1986, and then to wrap things up, it’s the new trailer for Cobra Kai season four. I’m pumped for that to drop! So enjoy the videos, and we’ll come back and do this again next week.
Be the first to comment